Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Lawyer Websites
You have a nice site – but are you being found?
The most beautiful and impressive online presence is worthless without visitors.
And a high number of visitors is worthless if only a few people call you. Our Affordable Lawyer Websites are built to rank high and satisfy visitors as well as search engines.
In 2018, there are several ways of ranking on Google, and Search Engine Optimization is a Must. We work hard to make your site visible. Once it is visible, we make sure that visitors can call you.
What is the task of a Search Engine?
If you look on the Internet for a certain subject, search engines are meant to provide you with the most important information on a subject. They have to recognize the quality of a website’s content, the uniqueness and amount of valuable information displayed, also the number of other sites linking in, similar to a vote of importance. Search Engine Optimization considers all of these factors.
Listings on Search Engines
- Organic listings – displayed will be an extract of your website page title, page description and url (link).
These listings are free and the most desirable.
- Paid listings, also known a Pay Per Click (PPC), such as Google AdWords.
Depending on your industry, a top listing can be as high as $5 -$50 per click on your ad. Note that a click on your ad does not guarantee that a visitor becomes a customer.
- Local listings on maps, typically displaying pins on maps. These listings are free and belong to the most desirable. Search engines might know your location and will customize these listings accordingly.
How does SEO work?
Search engines have ‘robots’ and ‘spiders’ that crawl the Internet 24/7 examining the structure and content of websites. After analyzing several components of the pages they find, they apply an algorithm to assign a rank of importance to your site.
What are the factors for a good ranking of your site?
- Amount of content related to the subject
- The quality of content (no copy and paste, please!)
- Indexing (recognizing, registering) the content by search engines
- The naming of your domain
- Age of your site and domain
- The naming of pages and page titles
- The technical way content is present in the structure of the HTML pages, like meta tags and headlines, links
- The density of keywords and their related terms (percentage of keywords and related keywords on a given page)
- Inbound links from other sites (and how important those are)
- Your website’s activity related to social media
- The time visitors spend on your site (Google has a browser called Chrome, also many users have Google toolbar implemented in other browsers)
What does this mean for developing your law firm website?
- Be aware that visitors and search engines love quality content.
- Display plenty of information related to your practice area. If you have no time to do it, let us do it for you (awebsiteforlawyers.com offers individualized content packages).
- Choose an appealing design with clear navigation so people immediately find what they are looking for. Many customers leave certain pages after seconds. Our analytical reporting tools show the weak spots of each site.
- Remember that your site is an investment: If you know that investing $150 more can bring you one more $2000 client, what will be your next step?
What does AWebsiteForLawyers do for your website?
When you purchase a website package from us, we perform a high-quality on-page Search Engine Optimization of your website pages. We make sure that the coding of your pages is optimized for specific search terms. We specifically look into the meta title and description of each web page, as well as the structure of each page (headlines, images, sub-headlines) and the whole website. A thorough review of the appropriate search terms proceeds the planning of the site structure.
Off-page factors and link-building
#1: Publish Relevant Content.
Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content. ...